Clubbed Thumb develops and produces plays that are funny, strange and provocative. If you’ve not seen our work, look through our production history and read some of the plays we have produced (in our anthology or published elsewhere) before submitting.
Beyond our aesthetic criteria, Clubbed Thumb will only accept play submissions that fall within these basic guidelines:
- Unproduced in New York City
- Running time of 90 min or less
- Includes substantial and challenging roles for women
- Has at least three characters
- Do not re-submit plays we have responded to; only submit one play at a time
To submit a play to us, fill out the form and upload a PDF below. We ask you to identify a 20-page selection for us to read first; if those pages feel like a fit we will read the full play. Additionally, provide a synopsis, your familiarity with Clubbed Thumb, and why you believe this play is a good fit for us.
Finally, we are a small organization and it can take some time to get through submissions. Thank you for your patience.